Split Billing FAQ
- What is Split Billing?
Split Billing is a Value-Added Service (VAS) that helps businesses to manage and control their company’s mobile expenses.
- How does the Split Billing VAS work?
The Split Billing VAS allows you to automate the amount of mobile subsidies offered to each employee. The monthly bill of each business mobile line will be split between you and the relevant employee. StarHub will send two bills monthly: one addressed to you indicating the Nominated Subsidy Amount and another addressed to your employee reflecting the Remaining Amount.
- Are there any pre-requisites for subscribing to Split Billing service?
Split Billing VAS is only available for eligible mobile lines registered under valid Business Registered Number (BRN) or Unique Entity Number (UEN). The respective employees’ with the Split Billing VAS will need to sign up for recurring credit card payment or GIRO.
- What are the plans eligible to subscribe Split Billing VAS?
The plans that are eligible to subscribe Split Billing VAS are 4G plans and MaxMobile plans for business customers.
- What are the charges for Split Billing VAS? Will the charges be billed to the company or the employee?
Split Billing VAS is available at $1.07 (inclusive of GST) per month for each mobile line and it will be billed to the employee.
- How do I sign up for the Split Billing VAS?
The company AO can subscribe for Split Billing VAS through your respective Account Managers or contact Business Sales at 1800 888 8888 .
- How long does it take for the Split Billing VAS take effect upon subscribing to the service?
If the application is accepted, the service will take effect immediately. Note that there is no pro-ration on monthly subscription for Split Billing VAS.
- What is the amount range I can set for the subsidies? How many tiers of subsidies can the company set?
You are able to set any amount for the subsidies you desire, up to 2 decimal points. Each company can set up to a maximum of 5 different subsidy amounts for your company.
- I need to make changes to the subsidy amount. How do I go about doing it?
You may email to Business Helpdesk at email@example.com. Do note that all changes will be effective on the next billing cycle.
- How would my employees know what is the respective balance amount that is payable?
Every month, StarHub will send out two bills. One of the bills will be sent to the company indicating the payable subsidy amount and another bill will be sent to the employee indicating the payable the remaining amount after the subsidy.
- There is a change in my company / employee's billing address. How do I go about with the update of the billing address?
You may email to Business Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What happens if my employee did not make payment for his/her bills?
Since all mobile lines with Split Billing VAS are signed under valid Business Registered Number (BRN) or Unique Entity Number (UEN), hence the liability falls on the company.
- Can my company subscribe to Split Billing VAS when most of my employees' lines are registered under the respective employees’ name with StarHub?
You will need to get your employees to transfer the ownership of their respective lines to your company. Do note that all the entitlements/ discounts/ reward points on the line will be forfeited upon the transfer of ownership. Should any of your employees have any existing mobile contract, the company must be agreeable to take on the remaining months of the contract, which will be subjected to business early termination contractual terms. Subsequently, you will be able to subscribe to the Split Billing VAS for each of your employees’ lines.
- One of my employees has left the company but has outstanding bills. Can StarHub bill the outstanding amount from him? Can I terminate the line?
You may terminate the line upon making full payment for the outstanding amount. Since all mobile lines with Split Billing VAS are signed under valid Business Registered Number (BRN) or Unique Entity Number (UEN), hence the liability falls on the company.
- One of my employees has left the company. Can I transfer the line to another employee?
Yes, you may transfer the line to another employee. Do remember to update the employee name and billing details.
- One of my employees is leaving the company, is it possible to transfer the line back to that employee before he leaves? If so, how do we go about doing it?
Yes, you may email to Business Helpdesk at email@example.com for assistance on the transfer the ownership of the line back to the employee. Do note that all the corporate entitlements/ discounts on the line will be forfeited upon the transfer of ownership. Should there be remaining contractual terms on the line, it will be carried over to the employee. Hence, the employee must be agreeable to take on the remaining months of the contract, which will be subjected to consumer early termination contractual terms.
- My company has signed up for SmartShare VAS, can we subscribe for Split Billing VAS?
No, Split Billing VAS is mutually exclusive with SmartShare VAS as well as any lines under Pooling plans (Dynamic Pooling, Static Pooling, Enterprise Bundle, Enterprise Flexi Bundle etc).
- My company bill cycle is on 1 Jan and we sign up for the Split Billing VAS on 15 Jan, will the Split Billing VAS subscription be prorated?
No, upon commencement of the Split Billing VAS, the subscription of the VAS will be billed to the respective employee accordingly with no proration.
- Is it compulsory to get my employees to submit the recurring credit bill form upon signing up for the Split Billing VAS?
No, it is strongly encourage for your employees to submit the recurrent credit card payment details upon sign up of the service. This is to help to minimize the follow ups required by the company or AO with their employees who did not make payments for their mobile bills.