26 March 2010
SINGAPORE, 26 March 2010 –– Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a global leader in mobile telecommunications, today announced that the Android 2.1 powered Motorola MILESTONE™ is now exclusively available from StarHub in Singapore. MILESTONE sets new standards for how fast and smart a modern, multi-tasking smartphone should be with a rich mobile web experience, superior messaging and top-of-the-line multi-media features.
Powered by Android 2.1, it offers the ability to use multiple applications at once and one of the world's thinnest QWERTY sliders (13.7mm). MILESTONE also boasts a hi-resolution, 3.7” widescreen pinch and zoom display with an incredible 854 pixel width and more than 400,000 total pixels.
A suite of Google™ mobile applications including Google Search™, Google Maps™, Gmail™ and YouTube™ are also integrated onto the device. Plus users have access to thousands of apps and widgets from Android Market™1
"MILESTONE™ is a smart phone without compromise, delivering a wiser, richer web and messaging experience," said Spiros Nikolakopoulos, vice president and general manager, Asia Pacific and International Distribution, Motorola Mobile Devices. “This is possible through the combination of Motorola’s expertise in design and a truly differentiated Android experience."
"As an Android 2.1 device, MILESTONE™ does what other smartphones don't. It was designed to enhance your mobile Internet experience–and its full screen web browsing experience, ability to juggle between multiple apps, and suite of Google applications deliver," said Nikolakopoulos. "We have been delighted with the anticipation and demand for MILESTONE™ across the world and pleased to announce its arrival in Singapore."
"StarHub has been closely watching the development of the Android platform, which is gaining ground in many smartphone markets worldwide, including Singapore. We are delighted to be the exclusive mobile service provider for the coveted Motorola MILESTONE in Singapore," said Ng Long Shyang, StarHub’s Head of Sales.
Winning rave reviews in the US and Europe, the Android-powered smartphone not only comes with a complete suite of popular Google Internet applications, it also comes pre-installed with StarHub’s latest mobile TV application.
"We are especially pleased to see how well StarHub's enhanced mobile TV application works with MILESTONE's high resolution, large touch-screen display. It certainly offers our customers the best viewing experience of all 25 branded mobile TV channels," said Ng. "The sleek smartphone is equipped with a high-performance processor to support fast Internet access and multi-tasking capabilities - a perfect match for StarHub's nationwide smart mobile broadband network and smart mobile data plans. Ultimately, we believe our customers will enjoy an unparalleled experience in mobile communications, wireless Internet access and entertainment services with the MILESTONE™."
Key MILESTONE™ features include:
- 3.7" widescreen display with 854 pixel width and more than 400,000 total pixels
- High-speed, cortex A8 processor
- Multi-touch, pinch and zoom, double tap zoom
- 5 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash, AutoFocus
- Motorola Media Link and Motorola Phone Portal to manage and share media content across desktop, phone and the Web
- Stereo Bluetooth® / BT 2.1, high-speed USB 2.0
- 3.5mm headset jack
- CrystalTalk™ Plus for superior talk quality
- 8GB memory card
Additional functionality and apps include:
- Full suite of the Google applications: Google Search™, Google Maps with Google Latitude, Gmail™, YouTube™ and Google Talk™
- Unified Google and Microsoft Office Contacts
- Navigation: GPS, MOTONAV * turn-by-turn navigation, Google Maps™, E-Compass Latitude
- Email Support: IMAP and POP, Gmail™ and Exchange
- IM Support: Google Talk™
- Calendar: Exchange, syncs with Google Calendar™
Optional accessories available:
- Use the multimedia station to transform MILESTONE™ into a clock, movie player or digital picture frame.
- Place MILESTONE™ in the car mount to instantly launch a full-blown GPS navigation device.
StarHub will start retailing the MILESTONE at all StarHub Shops and selected Exclusive Partners’ outlets from 27 March 2010.
|Items||3G Smart Surf 100||3G Smart Surf 300||3G Smart Surf 700||3G Smart Surf Unlimited|
|Monthly Subscription (w/GST)||$38||$58||$98||$205|
|Voice Credits (mins)||100||300||700||2000|
|Data Credit (GB)||12||12||12||Unlimited|
|Data Usage Price Cap||$30||$30||$30||N.A.|