24 November 2009
Buffet of programmes including ‘I Am Legend’, ‘Kung Fu Panda’, ‘Twilight’ and ‘Mad Men’
Free six months HubStation upgrade or free six months Basic Upsize Groups for existing StarHub TV customers
Singapore , 24 November 2009 – StarHub today announced that in celebration of the festive season, it will offer an islandwide free preview of blockbusters and entertainment programmes to all viewers in Singapore, regardless of whether they are customers of StarHub's cable TV service. The preview will be made available on StarHub’s Preview Channel, Channel 01, from 27 November to 13 December 2009, and viewers can enjoy a delectable selection of programmes from 17 of StarHub’s English-language movie and entertainment channels, including Cyril: Simply Magic on AXN, Mad Men on FX, Kung Fu Panda on HBO, I Am Legend on HBO Signature, Twilight on STAR MOVIES and The Office on Universal Channel.
“StarHub TV offers over 130 channels and is packed with entertainment for everyone in the family – from gripping blockbusters, intriguing dramas, hilarious sitcoms, engaging talk shows to movies with kid and teen-friendly themes. We are delighted to spread the cheer this festive season by offering a palette of our extensive world-class programming to all, and we hope that viewers will enjoy the free preview and gain a better appreciation of what our service has to offer,” said Ms Ong Bee Lian, StarHub’s Vice President of Home Solutions.
StarHub TV customers simply need to tune in to Channel 01 to view the programmes, while non-subscribers can enjoy the preview by tuning their TV sets manually to UHF 527.25 Mhz.
The 17 channels that will be made available to viewers via StarHub’s Preview Channel on a daily rotational basis include Animax, AXN, AXN Beyond, BBC Entertainment, E! Entertainment, FX, Hallmark Channel, HBO, HBO Signature, MAX, MGM, MTV SEA, SCI FI, STAR MOVIES, STAR WORLD, Turner Classic Movies and Universal Channel. Details of the free preview, including a schedule of the channels on preview are available at www.starhub.com/freepreview.
Some of the key programmes that viewers can look forward to during the free preview include:
- Animax: InuYasha The Final Act, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Sergeant Keroro
- AXN: Cyril: Simply Magic, C.S.I Supreme Sunday, Chuck
- AXN Beyond: Supernatural S3, Criss Angel S3, The X-Files S4
- BBC Entertainment: Doctor Who
- E! Entertainment: Kourtney & Khloé Take Miami (New Series), Specials: THS Courtney Cox
- FX: Mad Men S2
- Hallmark Channel: Biggest Loser Asia, The Oprah Winfrey Show
- HBO: Kung Fu Panda (Premiere), Rush Hour 3, Drillbit Taylor
- HBO Signature: Hysterical Blindness (Premiere), Elizabeth: The Golden Age, I Am Legend
- MAX: Tropic Thunder, Bare Witness, HBO World Boxing: Malignaggi vs Cherry
- MGM: True Confessions, Eve of Destruction
- MTV SEA: MTV World Stage
- SCI FI : Legend of the Seekers, Dead Zone
- STAR MOVIES: The Pink Panther 2 (Premiere), Twilight, What Happens in Vegas
- STAR WORLD: Castle, The Late Show With David Letterman, Life
- TCM: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, How the West was Won
- Universal Channel: Law & Order SVU S10, Jay Leno Show, Flashpoint S1, The Office S5
Exciting festive goodies for existing and new StarHub TV customers
To thank existing StarHub TV customers for their support, StarHub will offer free six months HubStation upgrade or free six months Basic Upsize Groups for existing StarHub TV customers. Terms apply and customers can sign up via www.starhub.com/freeupgrade or visit any StarHub Customer Service Centres to enjoy the offer.
In addition, in the spirit of the festive season, new customers who sign up for a six-month StarHub TV contract will receive three months off subscription to three Basic Groups and HubStation rental, including free home phone line with unlimited local calls. StarHub will also offer a special 50 percent discount off the monthly subscription price of STAR MOVIES and The HBO PAK for the first three months for new sign-ups to these channels.
The promotion period for these offers run from 25 November to 31 December 2009 and details are available at www.starhub.com/tv.
Customers with HubStation or HubStation HD who wish to add new channels to their subscription plans may do so with StarHub’s ‘Instant Buy’ feature. They simply need to tune in to the respective channel and click on the blue button on their remote control to subscribe to and activate these channels instantly. Other StarHub TV customers can call 1633 to subscribe to channels, while new customers who wish to subscribe to StarHub TV can call 1630.
- END -