01 June 2006
Exciting Award-Winning Programmes From Cartoon Network, Disney Channel And Nickelodeon, Made Available Free On StarHub’s Preview Channel, Promises A Fun-Filled Weekend For The Young And Young-At-Heart!
Singapore, 1 June 2006 – Children are in for a very special treat this coming June holidays! StarHub Digital Cable will run a free preview from 16 to 18 June 2006, serving up a buffet of delightful programmes from the Kids Basic Group of channels. During this period, programmes from Cartoon Network (StarHub Channel 35), Disney Channel (StarHub Channel 33) and Nickelodeon (StarHub Channel 32) will be made available free-of-charge to virtually all households in Singapore, regardless of whether they are subscribers of StarHub's cable TV services.
The free preview will be offered on StarHub’s Preview Channel, Channel 01. The channel will run round-the-clock daily, with a live programme feed extracted from Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. The wide array of programmes that will be available on the channel will ensure that there is something to satisfy the palates of all kids and kids-at-heart!
Ms Tham Loke Kheng, Senior Vice President for Marketing and Content at StarHub enthused, “As a busy mum with two energetic youngsters, I am constantly thinking of ways to keep my kids entertained in a fun and wholesome manner. Many of the world-class and award-winning programmes offered via Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nickelodeon have been used as teaching aids in other countries. These programmes serve as an excellent edutainment tool for my kids as they inspire them to be creative and imaginative!”
“We hope that through this free preview, parents will be able to see how channels on the Kids Basic Group can stretch the learning potential of their children. It is indeed a very good opportunity for our local audiences to experience how StarHub Digital Cable can significantly enhance their TV viewing pleasure,” Ms Tham added.
StarHub invites audiences to kick back, relax and enjoy the fun-filled weekend! Some of the exciting programmes that will be made available during the Kids Basic Group Free Preview include:
- “Dexter’s Laboratory”, “Winx Club”, "The Life and Times of Juniper Lee", "Robotboy", “Superman: The Animated Series”, “Xiaolin Showdown”, “Pet Alien” and “Courage the Cowardly Dog” on Cartoon Network (StarHub Channel 35).
- “Brandy and Mr Whiskers”, “Lilo & Stitch”, “Proud Family”, “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody”, “That’s So Raven”, “The Incredibles”, “Kim Possible” and “Lizzie McGuire” on Disney Channel (StarHub Channel 33).
- “SpongeBob SquarePants”, “Lazy Town”, “Avatar: The Last Airbender”, “Little Bear”, Zoey 101”, “Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide”, “Trollz”, and the brand new “Just for Kicks” on Nickelodeon (StarHub Channel 32).
Existing subscribers of StarHub Digital Cable can enjoy the Preview Channel on Channel 01, while others can tune their TV sets manually to UHF frequency 527.25 Mhz.
The manual tuning-in procedures will vary according to different TV set models, and viewers are advised to refer to their TV operating manuals for specific tuning-in instructions.
The generic tuning-in procedures are:
- Select an unused channel on the TV unit.
- Press the TUNING button on the TV remote control or at the front panel of the TV unit, commonly labeled as [PRESET], [INSTALL], [SET], [P/C] or [MENU>TUNE>MANUAL]. If the TV unit does not have any of these buttons, please refer to the TV manual.
- Start tuning by pressing or selecting the VOLUME +/- button or the CHANNEL UP/DOWN button on the TV remote control until the Free Preview channel appears on the screen.
- Next, press the STORE or MEM button on the TV remote control to store the tuning.
- Press the MENU or PRESET button to end or exit the tuning procedure.
Customers who sign-up for StarHub Digital Cable’s Kids Basic Group from 16 June to 17 July 2006 will receive a selection of gifts from Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel (worth $65.00)! They can call StarHub's Customer Care Hotline at 1630 to subscribe, or log on to www.starhub.com/cabletv for more information. Existing StarHub Digital Cable customers who wish to add-on the new channels can call 1633 or log on to the website.
Viewers can call the public hotline at 6873 2828 for any technical clarifications. They can also refer to the StarHub Online Programme Guide at www.starhub.com/cabletv for a programme schedule of the free preview.