Singapore, 19 November 2004 — StarHub today announced it won the most number of Awards at this year’s Annual Call Centre Awards, organised by The Call Centre Council of Singapore, a non-profit professional body that acts as a hub for the Singapore call centre community to share best practices.
Presided by a panel of three renowned international judges from the industry, t he Call Centre Council received numerous entries across 11 categories. The submissions come from diverse industries, which span banks, courier companies, government organizations, transport, insurance agencies and telecommunications companies, amongst others.
StarHub participated in nine categories with 12 entries and won a total of six Awards.
“We are extremely honoured by the accolades and recognition bestowed on our colleagues from the StarHub Call Centre. StarHub’s win of six Awards, the highest for any company this year, makes this significant achievement even more gratifying. We are definitely spurred on to find even more innovative and effective ways to reach out to our customers, to gain substantial market share and to maintain customer loyalty. Going forward, we will continue to deliver the StarHub branded customer service – a distinctive level of service that is aimed at delighting our customers,” said Mr Philip Tan, Head of Operations and Support, StarHub.
More details of the six Awards follow:
StarHub’s “Shining Stars” – Individual Award Winners :
(1) Mr William Tay Boon Hui, Customer Care Consultant - Gold Winner for Call Centre Professional Category (over 50 seats). William’s consistently outstanding performance and professional call handling skills delighted his customers and impressed the judges.
(2) Ms Christine Yong Wei Shung, Senior Manager, Customer Affairs – Gold Winner for Call Centre Champion Category (over 50 seats) . Christine impressed the judges with her efficient management and leadership skills, with the ability to plan, implement and maintain excellent customer service standards. She also displayed flair in increasing productivity with the intelligent use of technology as an enabler for continual product and quality service improvement for StarHub.
(3) Mr Farid Kamal Bin Nordin , Technical Support Analyst – Silver Winner for Call Centre Champion Category (under 50 seats). Farid is enthusiastic and conscientious in handling the Service Support Knowledge-Base (SSKB) project. He is resourceful in finding new improvements to increase usability and efficiency of SSKB. His creativity in SSKB has made the system more user-friendly for StarHub’s daily operation use.
(4) Mr Kelvin Aik, Team Leader – Bronze Winner for Call Centre Team Leader Category (over 50 seats). Kelvin’s keen sense of leadership style enabled him to ensure a high level of service to customers at all times. He constantly looks for opportunities to improve work processes and deployment of resources to achieve operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
StarHub’s Corporate Wins :
(5) New Call Centre of the Year Corporate Category (under 50 seats) – Silver Winner. Project Title – “StarHub Rewards”. The first call centre in StarHub to provide a one-stop shop, offering customer service for the integrated StarHub loyalty program for its entire suite of services. The Call Centre was also set up to e mpower customers to better manage their interactions with StarHub and to provide ease and convenience by understanding their needs and delivering excellent customer service.
(6) Call Centre of the Year (under 50 seats) – Bronze Winner. Project Title – “StarHub Sales Hotline 1630”. StarHub earned a bronze for this category as they have demonstrated that they met and understood its customer’s needs in the entire end-to-end engagement process from sales to installation of services to achieve first-class customer satisfaction.
For more information on StarHub, please visit www.starhub.com.
- End -