Singapore, 13 March 2003 - From tomorrow, all StarHub Green prepaid mobile customers will be able to top-up their prepaid SIM card the SMS way. All they need is their mobile phone and a Telephone Personal Identification Number (TPIN) issued by ABN AMRO, Citibank or MayBank.
StarHub, together with Mobile Solutions & Payment Services (MSPS), will allow its prepaid mobile customers to just easily SMS their top-up request for their Green prepaid SIM card. Using MSPS' mobile payment service called "Blink"; users need only go through a simple four-step process:
- SMS their top-up request to 7808 (Each SMS sent costs $0.05)
- Call their respective phone banking number and follow the instructions prompted over the phone
- Key in their NRIC or ATM card number over the phone
- Key in their TPIN, and after performing the above, users will receive a payment code via SMS to confirm the top-up request (see Editor's Notes below for more details).
"As part of our overall strategy to enhance our mobile customer's lifestyle and customer experience, StarHub is pleased to be the first local operator to introduce a simple and hassle-free mobile payment process for our prepaid mobile users by using SMS to top-up their prepaid SIM card," said Mr Chan Kin Hung, Senior Vice President, StarHub Mobile. "This new SMS top-up service gives our customers another easy and smart option to top-up their prepaid mobile service. It also ensures that they save time by not having to rush to the nearest Automated Teller Machine to top-up their service to keep chatting when their card value is low. Now, our customers can enjoy the convenience of being able to top-up anytime, anywhere!"
To encourage consumers to take advantage of this hassle-free SMS top-up service, they can visit the MSPS or StarHub booths set up at Suntec City Mall (outside Carrefour) from 14 March - 16 March 2003, between 11 am to 8 pm daily. The booths are there in conjunction with IDA's "Wireless Mobility Experience 2003" roadshow .
During this period, 4,000 StarHub Green prepaid SIM cards, with a stored value of S$18 each, will be given away to all ABN AMRO, Citibank and MayBank customers who successfully perform the simple mobile transaction (as illustrated in the Editor's Notes) on-the-spot.
Besides learning about the hassle-free SMS top-up service, consumers can also look forward to experiencing other wireless services from StarHub like MMS, JAVA games and Wireless LAN.
- End -
Step 1: SMS the following information to 7808 and leave a space between each field.
- Key in "topup"
- Amount (E.g. $10 - which is the minimum amount)
- User's bank (e.g. abn, citi or may)
- Mode of payment (e.g. dd - for direct debit or visa or master)
- The word "blink"
- Finally, key in the StarHub Green prepaid mobile number (only if using another SIM card to top up the Green prepaid card)
Example: topup <amount> <bank> <payment mode> blink <StarHub Green prepaid number - if applicable>
Step 2: Call your bank and follow the instructions prompted over the phone. You must complete the process within 10 minutes.
- ABN AMRO Bank: 1800- ABN AMRO (1800-226 2676)
- Citibank: 6883-1118
- MayBank: 1800-PAYMENT (1800-729 6368)
Step 3: Enter your NRIC or ATM card number
Step 4: Enter TPIN and shortly after, you will receive a 12-digit payment code via SMS confirming the top-up request.