Terms & Conditions - DataShare Value Added Service
- The use of the DataShare Value-Added Service ("VAS") is subject to StarHub's Consumer General Terms & Conditions, these Terms and Conditions and any other Terms and Conditions in relation to services that you have subscribed from time to time.
- All Consumer postpaid mobile subscribers on voice plans with bundled local data are eligible to subscribe for the VAS.
- The VAS is currently offered at a promotional price of $2.14/ month (with GST) per subscription (U.P. $10.70 with GST). StarHub reserves the right to discontinue or vary the promotion anytime StarHub deems necessary.
- The VAS subscription is charged at a fixed price per subscription (for each donor) regardless of the number of beneficiaries for that subscription. The donor will only be charged from the billing cycle where the sharing settings are effective.
- Eligible subscribers must provide the local data sharing settings via My StarHub App or My Account Manager. The sharing settings, once given, will remain in force until the subscriber modifies or terminates the settings.
- Sharing settings will take effect from the next billing cycle and any modification in sharing settings must be performed 2 days before the start of the next billing cycle.
- Data shared by the VAS subscriber (donor) is treated as usage on the first day of the billing cycle.
- the donor and the beneficiary must be under the same Billing Account.
- each eligible mobile line can only be either a donor or a beneficiary of the VAS (but not both).
- the donor must donate a minimum of 1GB of local data to each beneficiary, in denominations of 1GB each. The maximum donation is limited to 12GB of local data in total per donor.
- the donor must retain 1GB of local data for own usage, and can only donate the remaining local data. the following sequence of data utilization shall be applicable to the beneficiary:-
Shared data from the VAS,
Data Upsize VAS (if any),
- The VAS subscriber is responsible for all account related matters, including but not limited to informing the beneficiary regarding the sharing settings or any changes made thereto.
- If a donor's and/or beneficiary's mobile line is transferred separately into another billing account, sharing settings between the donor and beneficiary will be removed. Data shared by the donor will be treated as usage. Any unused data received by the beneficiary will be forfeited when the beneficiary moves out of the billing account. Local data bundle of the mobile plan will be pro-rated upon the transfer of billing account and excess data charges may apply.
- If a donor's or beneficiary's mobile line is transferred together into another billing account, sharing settings between the donor and beneficiary will remain unchanged. Data shared by the donor is treated as usage. Any unused data received by the beneficiary will be forfeited when the beneficiary moves out of the billing account. Local data bundle of the mobile plan will be pro-rated upon the transfer of billing account and excess data charges may apply.
- Transfer of ownership of the donor and/or beneficiary line will result in the termination of sharing settings.
- If a donor changes plan or drops/ changes data upsize, the local data bundle of the mobile plan will be pro-rated and excess data charges may apply. Sharing settings may be removed if the donor's new data entitlement cannot support the existing sharing settings.
- Any suspension of a donor and/or beneficiary line will result in the suspension of sharing settings. If the suspended mobile line is resumed, the sharing settings will resume.
- Any termination of a donor and/or beneficiary line will result in the termination of sharing settings.
- StarHub may vary, suspend or terminate the whole or any part of this VAS at any time for any reason whatsoever without prior notice and without any liability to you.
- StarHub shall not be liable to you for any loss, damage, claim or compensation of whatever nature arising from or related to this VAS.
- StarHub reserves the right to amend any part of these Terms & Conditions at its discretion without prior notice. All amendments shall be posted on this website and shall take effect from the date that they are posted.
Effective 1 June 2017