Terms & Conditions - Device Subscription Service
- StarHub Ltd (company registration no. 199802208C) is the reseller of the subscription bundles and HP Financial Services (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“HPFS”) provides financing solutions for the subscription bundles.
- Only companies which are incorporated or registered with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA) are eligible to apply for the device subscription service which consists of the device subscription bundles (collectively the "Service"). Individuals, sole proprietors, businesses and partnerships (including but not limited to liability partnerships) are not eligible to apply for the Service. All applications for the Service are subject to our acceptance and we may decline acceptance of your application at our discretion.
- Promotion for the Service is valid until 28 February 2017 unless otherwise notified by us.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices for the Service stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- Applicants are subject to both HPFS's and our respective credit checks and approval and may be declined at HPFS' or our discretion. Applicants must submit their latest business profiles and other relevant documents as may be requested.
- Successful applicant shall enter into a HPFS subscription agreement with HPFS (for the financing portion) and a StarHub service agreement with us (for the Service).
- Successful applicant shall make advance payment equivalent to three (3) months subscription payment to HPFS under the HPFS subscription agreement ("Advance Payment"). The Advance Payment and all other subscription payments therein shall be paid in accordance with the HPFS subscription agreement.
- The Service’s subscription bundles delivery, installation and implementation and/or related maintenance support services (where relevant) will be provided by us, our representatives, agents and/or subcontractors.
- The provision of the Service by StarHub in connection with the Service’s subscription bundles shall be governed by the terms of the StarHub service agreement and the extension of any financing solution by HPFS in connection with the subscription bundles shall be governed by the terms of the HPFS subscription agreement.
- These terms and conditions are without prejudice to and are not intended to amend, alter or vary the provisions of the HPFS Subscription Agreement.
- A Minimum Period of Service or committed subscription contract of 24 or 36 continuous months applies. Early termination charges apply in the event of any premature termination. Additional $15 discount applies to active (not blacklisted/suspended) new or existing StarHub Business broadband/mobile customers.
- You must renew the Service before or by the expiry of the Minimum Period of Service; otherwise you shall be deemed to continue with the Services for a further renewed period of 36 months. You are strongly encouraged to notify HPFS at least 30 days before the expiry of the Minimum Period of Service. We will endeavour to give you written notice of renewal. Upon parties' agreement to renew the Services, you must complete and sign a new application form for the renewal of the Service.
- If you choose not to renew the Service for the renewed term, you must submit to us at least 1 month’s written notice of termination. We will collect the hardware or equipment from you at the end of your termination notice period.
- There shall no automatic month-to-month renewal of the Service.
- Any trade-in of IT hardware or equipment will be handled or transacted directly by our supplier.
- Any applications, products and/or services that run of the Service will be subject to their own terms and conditions.
- All bundled products and services will have different Start Dates.
- The Service may be subject to certain promotion(s) as may be determined by us in our absolute discretion from time to time and in such cases, the Services will be subject to the prescribed promotional terms and conditions in addition to these terms and conditions. Subject to the promotional terms and conditions, the Services will be offered to you at a promotional rate if you are an existing subscriber of our business broadband and/or mobile services (or other services), or if you agree to sign-up for our business broadband and/or mobile services (or other services), and you agree to maintain your subscription of business broadband and/or mobile services (or other services) for the entire period of your subscription of the Service ("Bundled Services"). If the Bundled Services is terminated for any reason, you will no longer be eligible to subscribe to the Service at the promotional rates and will be subject to our prevailing standard list rates.
- We reserve the right to modify, replace, substitute or terminate any hardware or equipment (including but not limited to the make or model or version of such hardware or equipment or otherwise) from time to time at our sole discretion without notice to you.
- Onsite support for the Service is restricted to within Singapore (in-shore) and excludes all Singapore off-shore islands. You must contact our authorised’s representatives, agents and/or subcontractors directly for support on hardware, equipment and/or device associated with the Service.
- Operating hours for the Service: 9am to 6pm, Mondays to Fridays, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- The Service do not extend beyond what we have prescribed and exclude any and all kinds of data migration and backup, user-setting configuration, functional or compatibility or application testing or hardware or equipment installation and the like.
- Remedial Maintenance:
Consists of those functions required to repair a malfunctioning hardware or equipment and return it to operating condition. We may need to verify that hardware or equipment has failed before providing remedial maintenance. Our response to a service request will be consistent with the nature of the problem and may include on-line diagnosis, telephone assistance, and/or on-site presence.
- Replacement Parts:
We will install "replacement parts" on an exchange basis. Installed parts or replacement unit (hardware or equipment) may be new or reconditioned used parts, as determined by us.
Parts replaced by us for any reason are subject to the same title, risk of loss and license provisions which applied to the replacement parts. Title, risk of loss, and license rights with respect to the replacement parts simultaneously revert to their manufacturers. As used in this scope of work, the term "replacement parts" does not include any consumable items such as paper, ribbons, print heads and supplies.
Parts and components that have reached their maximum supported lifetime and/or the maximum usage limit as set forth in the manufacturer's operating manual, product bulletin or the technical product data sheet will not be provided, repaired, or replaced as part of this service. Parts provided will be of similar or comparable specification of the subscription bundles.
- Engineering Changes:
Any safety changes to hardware or equipment required of manufacturer by a governmental or regulatory entity ("Engineering Changes") will be made at no additional Charge at the time that the Service is performed.
StarHub's representative reserves the right to determine the final resolution of all reported incidents.
StarHub's representative may perform remote or onsite diagnosis to ascertain the issue towards hard disk replacement.
- Loss/damage Charges will be imposed.
- We charge full month’s rate/Charges regardless of the actual Start Date of the Service.
- One time delivery to the specific installation addresses. If you request to move the equipment to another address after the equipment has been delivered to the specific installation address, we will vary the delivery and installation date and relocation Charges will be imposed.
- We reserve the right to revise the pricing of the Service (whether in part or whole) at our sole discretion from time to time without notice.
- If we go down to your premises and for any reason, you or the hardware or equipment are not available or ready, we will impose additional Charges.
- Any Service provided outside the operating hours of the Service may be subject to additional Charges unless otherwise agreed between parties in writing.
- You shall be liable for any loss or damage to the hardware or equipment.
- At all times, you shall be responsible for the security of the hardware or equipment and all data in such hardware or equipment.
- Relocation Charges apply for change of installation address after the hardware or equipment is delivered.
- At all times, you shall use the hardware or equipment in accordance with our instructions and will use it with care, use it under proper conditions, use it in accordance within its manufacturer’s operating conditions and directions and maintain its good condition.
- You shall return the hardware or equipment to us at the end of the subscription in good working condition (fair wear and tear excepted). If any of the parts is damaged or lost, then you shall be liable for the cost of such damage or loss. You must return all parts of the hardware or equipment in complete sets (for example, IN the PCs and attached keyboard, mouse and monitor etc).
- You shall be solely responsible for all data backup and restore operations.
- You shall be responsible to back up all customer files, data, or programs prior to the commencement of any installation or remedial maintenance or replacement parts or de-installation services and to be able to reconstruct lost or altered customer files, data, or programs.
- You shall show or escort and ensure access to the building, floor, and individual cubicles, offices, labs, and rooms where the services such as installation, remedial maintenance, replacement parts or de-installation will be provided on the scheduled date and time.
- Your resource or site representative and contact to identify the cubicles, offices, labs, and rooms where the installations are to take place. The desk or tabletop location where the new PC or printer will be installed must be unencumbered and clear of any old, existing equipment.
- You shall assign a designated person who will grant all approvals, provide information, and otherwise be available to assist us (including our agents, representatives or contractors) in facilitating the delivery of the Services.
- Access to the collection point needs to be clear of obstacles (e.g., restricted access, locked doors, etc.). If elevators are present, you will help with elevator access for the movement of units across different floors.
- You must ensure that the LAN and WAN networks in their premises are ready and operational prior to starting the installation of the hardware or equipment.
- You will ensure that the power and network cabling and patch cables are ready and operational before the start of installation services.
- You must inform us about any necessary access and/or security clearance or the need to provide passports or other supporting documents to access military or public areas, laboratories and so on. You shall provide us all reasonable assistance to procure such access and security clearance.
- You must notify us if it is discovered that the working area poses potential health or safety hazard to our staff, agents, representatives or contractors. You must then remove or remedy such hazards at your sole cost and expense.
- You accept that the files and data in the operating system partition will be lost when you press the F11 feature. Therefore you should backup all data prior to pressing F11 feature. You shall be solely responsible for the foregoing.
- You must promptly inform us in writing if there is change in your service and billing address and location of the hardware or equipment.
- We will not be responsible for the following:
- loss of data during backup to 1 Drive;
- data deletion or corruption;
- email lost during the mailbox migration to the new mailbox account;
- reconstruct lost or altered customer files, data, or programs;
- Content on third-party websites, third-party programs, or third-party conduct accessed via the Services;
- viruses or other disabling features that affect customer data etc;
- incompatibility between the Services and other services, software and hardware or equipment;
- files and data lost when the customer presses the F11 feature; and
- any and all other events outside our control.
- We reserve the right to modify, replace, substitute or terminate this promotion, any of these terms and conditions, hardware or equipment (including but not limited to, make, model or version of such hardware or equipment or otherwise) at any time, at our sole discretion, without notice.
- In addition to these terms and conditions, StarHub’s prevailing business general and applicable service specific terms & conditions available at www.starhub.com (incorporated by reference) shall apply. Participation in this promotion shall constitute acceptance of all these terms and conditions and any amendments thereof.
Not Our Responsibility