Terms & Conditions - Device Subscription Service
1. “Service” refers to the device subscription service provided by StarHub Ltd (company registration no. 199802208C) consisting of certain subscription bundles.
2. These terms and conditions shall be read together with our provision of the Service by StarHub in connection with the Service’s subscription bundles shall be governed by the terms of the StarHub service agreement.
3. Only companies which are incorporated or registered with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA) are eligible to apply for the Service. All applications for the Service are subject to our acceptance and we may decline acceptance of your application at our discretion.
4. Unless otherwise stated, all prices for the Service stated are inclusive of the prevailing goods and services tax.
5. The Service’s subscription bundles delivery, installation and implementation and/or related maintenance support services (where relevant) will be provided by us, our representatives, agents and/or subcontractors.
6. A Minimum Period of Service or committed subscription contract of 24 or 36 continuous months applies. Early termination Charges shall apply in the event of any premature termination.
7. Any trade-in of IT hardware or equipment will be handled or transacted directly by a third party supplier.
8. Any applications, products and/or services that run of the Service will be subject to their own terms and conditions.
9. All bundled products and services will have different Start Dates.
10. The Service may be subject to certain promotion(s) as may be determined by us in our absolute discretion from time to time and in such cases, the Services will be subject to the prescribed promotional terms and conditions in addition to these terms and conditions. Subject to the promotional terms and conditions, the Services will be offered to you at a promotional rate if you are an existing subscriber of our business broadband and/or mobile services (or other services), or if you agree to sign-up for our business broadband and/or mobile services (or other services), and you agree to maintain your subscription of business broadband and/or mobile services (or other services) for the entire period of your subscription of the Service (“Bundled Services”). If the Bundled Services is terminated for any reason, you will no longer be eligible to subscribe to the Service at the promotional rates and will be subject to our prevailing standard list rates.
11. We reserve the right to modify, replace, substitute or terminate any hardware or equipment (including but not limited to the make or model or version of such hardware or equipment or otherwise) from time to time at our sole discretion without notice to you.
12. Onsite support for the Service is restricted to within Singapore (in-shore) and excludes all Singapore off-shore islands. You must contact our authorised’s representatives, agents and/or subcontractors directly for support on hardware, equipment and/or device associated with the Service.
13. Operating hours for the Service: 9am to 6pm, Mondays to Fridays, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
14. The Service do not extend beyond what we have prescribed and exclude any and all kinds of data migration and backup, user-setting configuration, functional or compatibility or application testing or hardware or equipment installation and the like.
15. Remedial Maintenance:
Consists of those functions required to repair a malfunctioning hardware or equipment and return it to operating condition. We may need to verify that hardware or equipment has failed before providing remedial maintenance. Our response to a service request will be consistent with the nature of the problem and may include on-line diagnosis, telephone assistance, and/or on-site presence.
16. Replacement Parts:
We will install “replacement parts” on an exchange basis. Installed parts or replacement unit (hardware or equipment) may be new or reconditioned used parts, as determined by us.
Parts replaced by us for any reason are subject to the same title, risk of loss and license provisions which applied to the replacement parts. Title, risk of loss, and license rights with respect to the replacement parts simultaneously revert to their manufacturers. As used in this scope of work, the term "replacement parts" does not include any consumable items such as paper, ribbons, print heads and supplies.
Parts and components that have reached their maximum supported lifetime and/or the maximum usage limit as set forth in the manufacturer's operating manual, product bulletin or the technical product data sheet will not be provided, repaired, or replaced as part of this service. Parts provided will be of similar or comparable specification of the subscription bundles.
17. Engineering Changes:
Any safety changes to hardware or equipment required of manufacturer by a governmental or regulatory entity (“Engineering Changes”) will be made at no additional Charge at the time that the Service is performed. StarHub’s representative reserves the right to determine the final resolution of all reported incidents. StarHub’s representative may perform remote or onsite diagnosis to ascertain the issue towards hard disk replacement.
18. Loss/damage Charges will be imposed.
19. We charge full month’s rate/Charges regardless of the actual Start Date of the Service.
20. One time delivery to the specific installation addresses. If you request to move the equipment to another address after the equipment has been delivered to the specific installation address, we will vary the delivery and installation date and relocation Charges will be imposed.
21. We reserve the right to revise the pricing of the Service (whether in part or whole) at our sole discretion from time to time without notice.
22. If we go down to your premises and for any reason, you or the hardware or equipment are not available or ready, we will impose additional Charges.
23. Any Service provided outside the operating hours of the Service may be subject to additional Charges unless otherwise agreed between parties in writing.
24. You shall be liable for any loss or damage to the hardware or equipment.
25. At all times, you shall be responsible for the security of the hardware or equipment and all data in such hardware or equipment.
26. Relocation Charges apply for change of installation address after the hardware or equipment is delivered.
27. You shall be solely responsible for all data backup and restore operations.
28. You shall be responsible to back up all customer files, data, or programs prior to the commencement of any installation or remedial maintenance or replacement parts or de-installation services and to be able to reconstruct lost or altered customer files, data, or programs.
29. You accept that the files and data in the operating system partition will be lost when you press the F11 feature. Therefore, you should backup all data prior to pressing F11 feature. You shall be solely responsible for the foregoing.
30. You must promptly inform us in writing if there is change in your service and billing address and location of the hardware or equipment.
Not Our Responsibility
31. We will not be responsible for the following:
a) loss of data during backup;
b) data deletion or corruption;
c) email lost during the mailbox migration to the new mailbox account;
d) reconstruct lost or altered customer files, data, or programs;
e) Content on third-party websites, third-party programs, or third-party conduct accessed via the Services;
f) viruses or other disabling features that affect customer data etc;
g) incompatibility between the Services and other services, software and hardware or equipment;
h) files and data lost when the customer presses the F11 feature; and
i) any and all other events outside our control.
32. We reserve the right to modify, replace, substitute or terminate this promotion, any of these terms and conditions, hardware or equipment (including but not limited to, make, model or version of such hardware or equipment or otherwise) at any time, at our sole discretion, without notice.
33. In addition to these terms and conditions, StarHub’s prevailing business General Terms & Conditions and applicable Service Specific Terms & Conditions available at www.starhub.com (incorporated by reference) shall apply. Participation in this promotion shall constitute acceptance of all these terms and conditions and any amendments thereof.